- Food products
- Industrial products and equipment
- Metal products and waste metal
- Coals, coke and ores
- Handling devices and means of transportation
- Petroleum products
- Petrochemical and chemical products
- Light industry products and building materials
- Certifications under the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) approval
- Products’ certificates of conformity
- Property valuations
- Damage assessment
The inspection of petroleum products is one of ROMCONTROL’s main fields of activity.Having specialized inspectors and testing laboratories endowed with modern equipment, ROMCONTROL provides a full range of quality and quantity inspection services, both for domestic and international customers, and state authorities.
Our services have a national coverage, through our 20 divisions and territorial units.We are present 24/7 in Romania (in river or sea terminals, refineries, warehouses or points of distribution, border or internal customs offices, at loading or unloading) and abroad, according to the national or international referentialrequired by the authorizing party.
The quality and/or quantity inspections performed by the ROMCONTROL inspectors cover the main petroleum products, among which:
- Petroleum spirits, diesel fuels, aircraft fuels, marine fuels, light liquid fuel, M/P-type fuel, fuel oil, etc.
- Crude oil
- Naphthene (Naphtha)
The accurate and precise determination of the amount of loaded, unloaded or transshipped goods can make the difference between an advantageous contract and substantial financial loss.Maintaining their independence as neutral inspectors, our specialists perform the quantity control of petroleum products, by using metrologically-verified equipment (own equipment or third-party equipment) and by working at internationally-acknowledged standards.
Our quantity inspection services include:
- Assistance at empty/full, full/empty weighing (wagon or car), performing volumetric measurements and calculations for wagons, cars, tanks/ warehouses
- Volumetric measurements and calculations for tanks and land pipes in terminals/ land warehouses, as well as ullage for the ship/barge tanks.
- Quantity monitoring of deliveries/ receipts, including the quantity determination of stocks
- Issuing “Quantity Certificates” (including ullage, stocks) for the inspected lot
ROMCONTROL also provides, function of the customers’ needs, additional inspections to increase the credibility of quantity determinations, such as:
- Inspecting the technical state (integrality) and commercial state (emptying, the existence and efficiency of sealing systems and of applied seals) of the means of transportation upon sending or receiving
- Inspecting the state of the seals applied to the means of transportation, at sending/ receiving
- Inspecting the pipe tracks, with the identification and sheeting of shutters, as case
ROMCONTROL provides services of quality inspection upon the delivery, receiving or transit of petroleum products.The results of inspections provide you with all the necessary information regarding the state of the goods.Our inspectors and laboratory personnel have the necessary qualifications and use modern instruments and equipment, according to international standards.
Our quality inspection services include:
- Checking the state of cleanliness of the means of transportation prior to loading
- Assistance during loading/ unloading/ transit, checking the preservation of the quality integrity of the batch
- Monitoring the quality of petroleum products in various stages of production, in refineries, warehouses or stations
- Taking samples, including during loading; preparing and creating average representative samples/ batch.We are only using ROMCONTROL recipients, sealed and labeled accordingly, for the unique identification of samples (laboratory sample, check test – kept by ROMCONTROL, and the control sample – available to the authorizing party.
- Performing the tests requested by the authorizing party in our own laboratories or by sub-contracting in accredited laboratories
- Assistance by experienced personnel in laboratories of terminals, of the manufacturer or in another laboratory notified by the authorizing party, by checking the performance of tests according to the method requested by the customer
- Issuing a “Quality Certificate”, with the results of laboratory tests